A quality front door is essential for any home or building. It provides security, energy efficiency, aesthetics, noise reduction, and durability. A sturdy, well-made front door can deter intruders, reduce energy costs, maintain a comfortable indoor temperature, and create a positive first impression on visitors. An energy-efficient door can also help reduce the strain on heating and cooling systems and withstand the elements for many years, reducing the need for frequent repairs or replacements.
Benefits of Front Entry Door Types
- Paneled doors have a classic, timeless look that can enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of a space.
- This texture works best in rustic homes but can also be made modern or contemporary with the right fixtures.
- For a contemporary front door style that works best with modern houses, horizontal panels are a great option.
- Paneled doors also work nicely with homes that have wood paneling on the facade.
- Paneled doors are typically sturdy and durable, making them an excellent long-term investment for homeowners.
- A modern front door with geometric details and large glass panes are a great inspiration for midcentury modern or contemporary homes.
- The black and tan color scheme of the door is perfect for neutral, modern homes, but experimenting with bold hues like pink, royal blue, black, and yellow is also a popular trend.
- Oversized doors and non-traditional hardware for handles are also current trends in modern front door design.
- Modern doors offer a wide range of customization options, including size, shape, color, and material, allowing homeowners to create a unique and personalized look that fits their specific design, preferences, and needs.
Modern Farmhouse Doors
- Modern farmhouse doors are designed to let in maximum light and provide easy access for bringing in large items.
- Simple black or gray colors are a great option for keeping the look neutral when choosing a modern farmhouse door.
- Unlike rustic or traditional farmhouses, modern farmhouse design incorporates bolder neutral colors, sleeker lines, and more sophisticated hardware, while still maintaining the comfortable and cozy feel of the farmhouse style.
- Energy efficiency: Many modern farmhouse doors are designed with energy efficiency in mind, incorporating insulation, low-e glass, and other features that can help to reduce energy costs, making them a practical choice for homeowners.
Craftsman Style Doors
- Typical craftsman doors are characterized by decorative molding and a top panel of windows in the upper third part of the door, making it a popular choice for homes with craftsman or bungalow-style architecture.
- The dentil shelf, a decorative tooth-like feature, is a common element of craftsman doors that adds visual interest and gives it a rustic appearance.
- Craftsman doors are made with high-quality materials, such as solid wood or fiberglass, ensuring their durability and longevity.
- Many craftsman doors are designed with energy efficiency in mind, incorporating insulation and other features that can help to reduce energy costs and keep homes comfortable.
- Curb appeal: A well-designed craftsman door can significantly enhance the curb appeal of a home, making it more attractive and desirable to potential buyers.
The Next Time You Need a New Front Door, Choose Trimlite
Trimlite specializes in manufacturing and distributing a wide range of interior and exterior doors. Our modern and traditional designs complement our customers’ homes with various materials, colors, and glass options. If you’re looking for a more unique door, we also offer customization options to get it just right. The next time you want to spruce up your curb appeal, security, and durability, choose Trimlite for high-quality front doors.