Trimlite was founded in 1982 in Vancouver, British Columbia by Larry Elliott, Douglas Schick, and David Nicol. It began as a small manufacturer of decorative glass for steel door fabricators and wood door manufacturers. Trimlite opened its first stile and rail door facility in 1993 and established a presence in 1995 in Vietnam to expand its decorative glass manufacturing capabilities.
Today, Trimlite owns and operates 10 locations in 4 countries that manufactures and distributes interior doors, exterior doors, door glass, and door accessories to the single family and multi-family housing markets.
We are a problem-solving, service-oriented company, that manufactures and distributes superior door and doorlite products.
We are a manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of doors and doorlites
- We build and distribute products that are customized to suit local and regional building trends
- We partner with other manufacturers and distributors that align with our mission and values
- We are financially responsible and practice common sense approach to growth
- We value consistency – with high product quality and dependable lead times
We are customer focused
- We work hard to be a preferred glass and door company
- We are fenestration experts, so that we can provide trusted product recommendations
- We hire, develop, and empower our people to make decisions to help customers
We question conventional wisdom and challenge the status quo
- We design products for homes now and for the future
- We are at our best when solving problems, and believe the best innovation comes from these challenges
- Our manufacturing and warehousing flexibility provides us with the capability to design a program that works for our customers
We are a company that exceeds the needs of our customers and improves returns for our shareholders